Here's some ideas to help you get started thinking about what class business would work best for your students and school community.
- Coffee cart - see my blog post here
- Snack cart
- Hot Dogs
For vending sales, students can work on taking inventory, re-ordering, counting money, replacing items (matching, fine motor, so many skills here).
- Pencils - you can choose how much to sell each pencil for. They also make pen and eraser ones as well. (Or a cheaper option, you can run on the honor system with a bank and regular pencil dispenser.)
- Snack or Drink vending machines - even if you can take over this position from your school and not have it be a fundraiser, it's a great time to work on vocational stocking skills matching, placing items in the correct places in the the right way.
I specifically love the non-food baking ideas!
- Dog biscuits
- Bath bombs
- Bath salts
- Jar mixes
Crafts / Creating
- Greeting Cards - see this blog post for more info
- T-shirts (with Cricut and Heat Press)
- Twisted Pens (perfect for those you live in a touristy area. I saw them at many restaurants and small businesses while vacationing in Florida)
Services for Teachers
- Car Wash and Vacuum
- Grocery shopping for staff
- Staff luncheon
- Place orders for lunch delivery (Subway, chipotle, etc and students can input orders on a computer)
- Christmas gift wrapping
Other Fun Ideas
- Host a pageant - read more here
- Movie night
I hope these ideas help get you thinking about ways to fundraise for your class while providing meaningful work and life experiences for your students.
here! I'd love to hear and share your great ideas too! :)