Facebook and Instagram and we came up with this list. (Not in order of importance!) What would you add?
1. Laughter and Humor. You have to see the funny side of things. Laughter can get you through the day and those situations when you think, "this really can't be happening...but it is"!
2. Classroom management / Behavior system. Yes! Make sure you have a plan and clear expectations and find something that works great for you and your students.
3. Velcro. Sped teachers love their Velcro and lots of it! Get the Velcro coins - I love the price of these ones!* And the coins are so much easier!
4. Laminator and laminating sheets. Well, what were you going to use that Velcro on? ;) Plus your materials will last SO MUCH LONGER! I own this one*.
(*amazon affiliates links)
6. Caffeine! You name it, we need it! Coffee. Diet Dr. Pepper. Diet Coke....
7. Jesus. When you have no more strength or patience, pray, pray, pray! God comes through!
8. Sensory bins. Relaxing and fun while sneaking in some academics sometimes too :)
9. Computers. And Pinterest (follow my boards here)!
And TeachersPayTeachers! And so many educational websites!
10. Inspirational Quotes. Helps you remember what you're doing and why you're doing it. What you do in your classroom makes a difference!
11. Sticky Notes. SO. MANY. THINGS. TO. DO! Must Remember!!
12. Smart phone. Seriously. This has everything! Entertainment to distract kiddos during a drill. Timers. Camera. Texting parapros when they are out with a student. We could go on and on.
Thanks to everyone who joined in helping me create this list! Did we miss anything?
And be sure to follow the teachers' Instagram accounts linked above to see their great ideas each week.