Here are the rules:
1. Post 11 random things about yourself.
2. Answer the questions that the nominator set for you.
3. Create 11 questions for the people you nominate.
4. Choose blogs with fewer than 200 followers to nominate and link them in your post.
5. You cannot “tag back” the other blog, but leave a comment on this post with the URL of your Liebster post so I can learn more about you & see who you nominate.
11 Random Things about myself
1. I am a new homeowner - since August of this year!!
2. I love Jesus Christ and am all about celebrating the true meaning of Christmas - was so excited when my mom found me this gorgeous nativity scene at a thrift store! Not going to lie, I broke the wise man as I was unwrapping him - but was easily fixed with super glue!
3. I'm not athletic at all...and kinda clumsy
4. I lived with 7 of my girl friends my senior year of college. Probably one of the best times of my life.
5. I make my own hair ties.
6. My "s" key on my computer is being difficult and sticky...so sometimes I'm missing that letter when I type. Don't judge!
7. I got married a year and a half ago. I love my hubby so much. He's a cutie!
8. I grew up a Michigan country girl, and now live in the Chicago suburbs.
9. I hate cleaning.
10. I love using coupons and saving money! I have a lot of clothes, but just about all of them come from thrift stores!
11. I have another blog for crafty/DIY/life things - Breezy Pink Daisies
1. What made you start a blog? My first blog was a couponing blog and I started it because I wanted to share all the great deals I found to others. Then I started Breezy Pink Daisies because I was bored and, again, wanted to share cool things I made. I blogged about special education on Breezy Pink Daisies too, but then felt I needed to make my special ed posts more separate, and Breezy Special Ed was born! :)
2. What’s your favorite thing to do on the weekends? Relax and spend time with my hubby and friends.
3. Name one person you admire and why. My mom - because who doesn't?! :)
4. Do you like sports? If so, what’s your favorite team? I like watching sports! Go Chicago Bears!!
5. Why did you choose to be a teacher? I grew up playing "teacher" in my basement with my sisters. I always thought I'd be regular elementary education, but then I teacher aided in my first special education class in college and FELL IN LOVE with it. I love the challenge of figuring out and helping students be successful. So, now I teach high school special education!
6. If you won the lottery, what is the first thing you would do with your money? Pay off student loans and our mortgage.
7. What is your most memorable moment so far in your life? My wedding day :)
8. What do you want the most for Christmas? A dog!
9. Do you like to shop? Where’s your favorite place? Um, yes! Thrift stores! haha
10. What are three blogs you constantly read? Oh my, there's a lot, but sticking with special education blogs, I'd say The Autism Helper, Sped-ventures, and Ms. Rachel's Room.
11. What are your future goals? Professionally - eventually get an ABA or similar masters degree. Personally - eventually have kiddos of my own.
(Feel free to answer the same questions I answered!)
Blogs I am nominating:
Allison - Miss Allison's Class
Jen - Jen's OT for Kids
Kimberly - Squyres' Special Class
Rosemarie - Second in Shawnee - Oh the Places We'll GoAllie - Ms. G's Class
Well, that was fun! :)
And, my TPT store is off to a good start! I have 9 items and 6 of them are free!! So, check it out, download some things and let me know what you think!
Plus, if you are the first person to buy something I'll give you a high five :)